Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How I Deal With Stress


Being a student can give you high levels of stress. With all of the activities and responsibilities that fill a student’s schedule, it may be difficult to find the time to try new stress relievers to help relieve that stress. I'm a student myself and it's hard to be optimistic and cheerful everyday. But don't fear! There are three easy tips that can help you along the way. First, you have to eat right. Depending on how and what you eat deals alot on how you do your daily activities. So, it'll be easier if you plan ahead. Go grocery shopping once a week, and plan the week’s meals when you do it. That way, it can save time and you'll already know what you'll have to eat! Second, a convenient way to dissipate stess is listening to music. For me, music calms me down. Listening to classical music can help me while studying. When I'm sleepy, I play upbeat music to ‘wake up’ mentally. There are some "researchers" that claim that classical music helps you to compartmentalize information. Third, daily exercise is one of the healthiest ways to blow off steam . From my experience, exercise has surely made me think more positive and focused. About.com claims,"Exercise can decrease ‘stress hormones' like cortisol, and increase endorphins, your body's ‘feel-good’ chemicals, giving your mood a natural boost. " Overall, making a daily plan that includes these three can do a lot to improve a student that is dealing with stress. I hope you can squeeze these three tips into your life for a everyday better, stress free life. It sure has helped me and I guarantee that it'll do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment