Thursday, June 17, 2010

Diets. Do they really work?


Diets are only a temporary solution to losing weight. I confess. I am one of those people who tried a variety of diets. I've tried no carbs diet, starving, diet pills, and much more. But in the end, they never work out. In order for us to lose weight, we have to eat healthier. By eating healthier, I lost a total of 20 pounds in 2 years. Healthy eating is the key to a healthy body. Anyone can start seeing a difference in their body when they are eating healthier. Before, I ate fastfood meals twice a week, had midnight snacks, and drank highly sugared beverages. Now, I eat a lot of whole foods. When I go out to eat, I would replace the french fries with a baked potato. I also started to drink only water and green tea. The addictives, perservatives, and coloring in food that are put in processed foods can make you sick and gain a whole lot of weight. My health teacher told me, "The digestive system rejects unnatural foods because they are toxic to the body. These toxins show up as fat in the body. And these toxins will keep building up, unless you do something about it." Remember, you are what you eat. Would you rather be the banana or the muffin?

1 comment:

  1. Helen, I am a person that have been trying all kind of diets too. I noticed that it was not working when I when to the doctor and he told me that I was gain weight faster than before. He told me that some diets that we found in the internet are not healthy at all so it is better to go see a nutritionist.

    ReplyDelete